Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







January 2, 2015

NRFD 2014 In Review

Whew!  Another year of No Room For Dessert, and another success!  I am proud to still be doing this blog and bringing you lots of recipes.

In 2014 I posted 48 times, whereas in 2013 I only posted 36 times.  That's a 12 post improvement!  This year we brought you FORTY recipes, 18 more than in 2013! In 2015 I hope to improve upon those numbers even more.
Fries from Shake Shack

We had a new category, Crock*Pot Cafe, and while there were only 4 recipes in that category, I'll be bringing you more this coming year.  And in 2015 we will have a new category... Drumroll please... Pinterest Picks!  This will be a category where I take a recipe that I have found while searching Pinterest, and make it at home.  I'll tell you whether I followed the recipe exactly or adapted it to my household's needs.  And I will tell you if it's a keeper or not.  While I certainly hope we get a lot of keepers, I know not everything will be perfect, but I do think it's important that I'm honest with you.  As a home cook, it's hard to know sometimes just by reading a recipe if it will be suitable and delicious.  But I will be able to tell you that!

At the end of 2012 this blog had 7,000 views, at the end of 2013 it had 16,000 views, and this year we ended with over 27,000!  I am so excited about that!  A growth of 9,000 views between 2012 and 2013, and a growth of 11,000 views between 2013 and 2014.  Amazing!  Social media really has helped the growth of this blog, with Pinterest and Facebook being my main traffic sources.  Thank you to all my friends and readers who come back regularly!  And thank you for the great comments you have given me this year!!!


I hope everyone has a safe and healthy 2015, and keep coming back every week to see what's new on No Room For Dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment