Garlic Dill Refrigerator Pickles
- 1 lb mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 red chile pepper, sliced (you can omit this if you don't like spice, although mine was mild)
- 12 garlic cloves,peeled
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup table salt
- 8 cups water (I had lots of brine left over so you could have this)
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/3 cup fresh dill weed
- fresh cracked black pepper
Combine water, vinegar, salt, and dried dill in a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer until salt is dissolved.
Meanwhile, divide pickle slices between 3 regular mason jars. Add 4 garlic cloves to each jar, and 2-3 pepper slices to each jar. Top with a few grinds of black pepper. Add in a branch or two of fresh dill to each jar.
Top with brine. Let cool in jars on counter for an hour or two, then top with lids and refrigerate. Wait 24 hours before serving.
UPDATE 8/22/16 ***AFTER ONE WEEK***