Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







June 4, 2014

Simply Sides 10 - Three Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos

There has been in a trend lately where jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon have been going around at parties.  They are tasty little morsels, but I wanted something a little more exciting than plain cream cheese.  So yesterday, armed with fresh jalapenos and three cheeses, I made these cheese stuffed jalapenos.  Delish!

They are perfect as a side dish on Taco Night, would be great as party food, and can also be served as an appetizer.  They are pretty simple and cheap to make, so give them a try!

As a bonus, from now on when I think a dish is on the cheap side to make, I am going to try to tell you what it costs me!

Three Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos

Ingredients
6 fresh jalapenos (only cost me .74 and makes 12 of these snacks - plenty for 2 people)
1/2 of an 8oz block of cream cheese, softened (costs .60 to .75 depending on store brand or name brand, I used a name brand)
1/4 of an 8oz block of colby/jack cheese, shredded (.41 - out store had a sale on Kraft blocks and I had a coupon!)
2 tbs of parmesan (around .10, hard to measure)
Sprinkle of black pepper, seasoning salt, and garlic powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.
Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove all the seeds (*hint, I use gloves to do this.  At the very least make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after this task and don't touch your body parts - you will be sorry!) Lay them out on a baking sheet lined with foil.
Mix cheeses together. When well combined, add in a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic.  Mix together well.
Fill jalapeno halves with cheese.  
Bake for 10-20 minutes, until peppers soften and cheese becomes brown and bubbly.
Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Thank u melissa going to try this one today heading to grocery store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks melissa going to try this today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how it turned out Margie!!!

    ReplyDelete