Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







July 24, 2014

Easy Pepperoni Calzones - Home Cooked Recipe 51

Who doesn't love a good calzone?  Cheesy, pizza crust, and whatever toppings you like to stuff in to it.  Yum!  This recipe for homemade calzones is super easy, super fast, customizable, and sure to be a crowd pleaser. Our night was affordable too, because pizza dough was on sale at my local Publix, buy 1 get 1 free, and I still had an unopened package of pepperoni from July 4th weekend (which I also bought on sale BOGO, plus a coupon which made it less than $2 a package).  I hope you try it soon!

Easy Pepperoni Calzones

Ingredients:
1 16oz pkg store bought pizza dough (this makes 3 calzones, adjust accordingly for your needs)
3-4oz thinly sliced pepperoni (broil for a couple minutes first if desired)
16 oz ricotta
4-8oz shredded mozzarella
1 tbs olive oil

1 stick butter, melted
garlic powder
sprinkling of parmesan

1 - 2 cups of my Pomodoro Sauce
***optional fillings: sausage (cooked), onions, peppers, olives - really, whatever you like on top of pizza, you can stuff in a calzone

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450.  Line baking sheet with foil, grease with cooking spray.
***I like to broil my pepperoni for a few minutes before I put it in my calzone, I just like the flavor and texture.  My bf prefers his right out of the package, so you can do it either way.***
Add 1tsp of garlic powder into the melted butter, along with the olive oil.  Mix well.
Divide your dough into 3 parts.  Roll out and stretch into a flat round on a floured surface.  Put 2-3 tbs of ricotta on half of each round (leaving a 1 inch border around edge).  Sprinkle a tiny bit of garlic powder on top of ricotta.  Top with pepperoni.  Sprinkle on shredded mozzarella.  Fold dough over and seal edges with a fork.  Brush on about a tablespoon of garlic butter (on each calzone).  Bake for 15 minutes.  Brush on another tablespoon of garlic butter.  Sprinkle lightly with parmesan.  Serve with Pomodoro Sauce.
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment