Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







August 15, 2011

Asian Stlye Beef with Rice - Home Cooked Recipe 8

I absolutely adore Asian food.  Ok, I adore all types of cuisines, but I'm really interested in learning more Asian recipes.  I had some boneless top round sirloin.  Usually I'll make a beef and broccoli dish that's fabulous and tastes extremely similar to Chinese restaurants, but I wanted to try something different.  I came up with my own little marinade for the beef that was outstanding!  The recipe is below.

Asian Style Beef with Rice
Marinade -
3 tbs soy sauce
4 tbs unseasoned rice vinegar
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs sesame oil
salt & pepper
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp onion powder
dash of cayenne
1 lb boneless sirloin, thinly sliced
Rice -
1 cup white rice
2 1/4 cups water
2 tbs butter
Sesame seeds

Mix together your soy sauce, vinegar, oil, fish sauce, garlic, onion, and cayenne.  Add salt and pepper, going light on the salt because the soy sauce has plenty.  Add sliced beef and refrigerate for 20 - 40 minutes.
Bring your water to a boil.  Stir in rice, reduce heat to low, and let cook for 25 minutes.
When rice has cooked for 20 minutes, heat up your wok (or large saute pan) on high.  Add butter to rice and let melt.  When wok is hot, add half your beef to the pan.  Cook for 1 minute, flip pieces over, and cook 2 more minutes.  Remove to a plate and cook other half of beef exactly the same way. 
Stir rice and scoop on to plates.  Top with beef, then a sprinkle of sesame seeds.  Enjoy!
Asian Beef with Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment