Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







July 15, 2014

We Made Room For Dessert 15 - Blueberry Cream Cheese Cake

We made room for dessert this week!  Blueberries are in season and are reasonably priced at my local Aldi's.  I picked a couple containers, assuming I would eat them for breakfast, but then came across this recipe on Pinterest:  Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Simple to make, delicious, budget friendly, and only uses a few ingredients.  Score!  AND, it's great for breakfast or dessert.  Or a snack!  If you wanted to mix it up some, I think it would be great with lemon cake mix.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Cake

Ingredients:

  • 1 box golden butter cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • vanilla extract (I also added a dash of almond extract)
  • 1 pint of blueberries (in the original recipe she used frozen, I used fresh, but either way, it works)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • vegetable oil


Directions:
Preheat oven to 325.
Grease cake pan (I used a bundt pan, as does the original recipe).  Make sure to grease it very well.
Mix together eggs, sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla.  Stir in cake mix, blend very well.  Fold in blueberries.  Pour into greased pan.  Bake for 45 minutes if using a regular cake pan, 1 hour if using a bundt pan.  Let cool 1 hour (up to overnight) and remove from pan.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment