Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







July 8, 2014

Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken - Home Cooked Recipe 50

50 recipes!  Wow!  In the grand scheme of things that doesn't seem like a super large number, but for me, it's amazing to have given you 50 main dish recipes you can cook at home on any given day.  Of course we have more than 50 recipes total on this food blog, between desserts and sides and special posts.
I wanted to do something special for the 50th recipe, so I decided to stuff chicken breasts!  We have done this before on the blog but I wasn't super pleased with how it came out, because the plain cream cheese was too bland.  So this time we've amped it up by making the stuffing with a more flavorful cheese and adding a lot of seasoning.

Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
  • 1 onion, diced 
  • 1/2 jar roasted red peppers, chopped
  • 4 oz package crumbled feta
  • salt and pepper
  • balsamic vinegar
  • olive oil


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Spray baking sheet lined with foil with cooking spray.
Saute onions for 5 minutes until tender.  Let cool.  Mix onions, peppers, cheese, and a dash of salt and pepper together.  Sprinkle salt and pepper over flattened chicken breasts.  Spread onion, pepper, cheese mix over chicken breasts.  Roll chicken breasts around stuffing and secure with toothpicks.  Sprinkle rolls with salt and pepper, place on baking sheet.  Drizzle chicken with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Bake for 30-45 minutes.
Serve with rice, or a greek salad.
Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment