Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







January 26, 2012

Food Truck Adventures 11 - Winter Park Fish Company





In keeping with the Winter Park Food Truck Stop theme, I went for lunch one day a couple of weeks ago with a companion.  We were browsing the handful of trucks that were there, and settled on the Winter Park Fish Company, a truck we hadn't tried yet.  From following the food trucks on Facebook, I had received a flyer with coupons.  There were some great bargains such as the one we used, which was buy one entree get a second entree free.
This truck stems from an actual restaurant in Winter Park, FL.  Their motto is "upscale, quick service seafood restaurant that combines fine dining with the fast casual world that modern diners have embraced".  Their truck offers the same kind of quick service with elevated dishes.
For my lunch I chose to have the crabcake sandwich.  It was huge!  Fresh crabmeat mixed with light breading and some veggies and spices.  It was large, fresh, and delicious.  It was topped with lettuce, tomato, and onion, and served with a lemon wedge and and mustard sauce, This all sat on a tasty roll.  My sandwich came with a side, and I chose to get their coleslaw.  It wasn't really anything special, but the sandwich was.
My companion chose to order their Ahi tuna sliders.  There were three sliders, with seaweed salad, pickled ginger, and a wasabi sauce.  I took a bite of one and the fish was very fresh and the condiments complimented the tuna.  My companion enjoyed his sliders very much.
It was nice to get such a bargain lunch at a place that specializes in free seafood.  If you'd like to find out more about Winter Park Fish Company visit their website at http://www.thewinterparkfishco.com/, follow them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/thewinterparkfishco, or follow them on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/winterparkfish.
And don't forget to stop by the Winter Park Food Truck Stop if you're in the area!  There are always trucks there for lunch, and every Thursday from 5-9pm they have a fun little gathering with live music.

No comments:

Post a Comment