Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 7, 2012

Stir Fry - Home Cooked Recipe 27

I realized recently that I hadn't done any Asian food lately.  I wanted to make a dish that wasn't too complicated, was comforting, and filled with flavor.  So I came up with an idea to stir fry marinated chicken AND beef, some Asian style veggies, and fry up some rice.

Chicken and Beef Stir Fry

Marinade for Meats
(Marinate chicken in a separate container from the beef - mix up marinade then divide in to 2 containers)

2 heaping tablespoons chili paste (sambal oelek)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon fish sauce
***marinate meats for 1-6 hours

Ingredients:
10 ounces sirloin, sliced paper thin
1 lb boneless. skinless chicken breasts, cubed
16 ounces stir fry veggies (I just use an Asian blend from Birds Eye)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 cups cooked white rice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
vegetable oil

Directions:
Start by sauteing the stir fry veggies in a tablespoon of vegetable oil over high heat (I use a wok). After 3 minutes, add in oyster sauce and stir well to combine.  Remove veggies.  Next, stir fry chicken in vegetable oil over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes (or until cooked through).  Remove chicken and set aside in a bowl with the finished veggies.  Stir fry beef next, for 1 minute over high heat in vegetable oil.  After one minute, add in marinade and cook 1 minute longer.  Mix finished beef in with chicken and veggies.  Finally, add rice to pan.  Mix in sesame oil and soy sauce.  Press flat against wok (or pan), cook for 2 minutes, then turn rice over and cook on the other side for 2 more minutes.  Mix in with meat and vegetables.
Serve warm.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment