Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







October 9, 2018

Pizza Zucchini Casserole - Home Cooked Recipe #82

Do you love pizza? I love pizza! Most people I know are a fan of pizza. Also, most people I know have gone low carb or keto lately. This is a perfect recipe for those kind of diets! And it's pizza flavored! This recipe is also versatile, because you could really dress it up with your favorite pizza toppings. You could make it a meat lovers by adding sausage, bacon, ham, ground beef, etc. You could make it a supreme by adding bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc. If you don't like tomato sauce, use alfredo sauce. Use the recipe as a base and use your imagination to top it the way you would your favorite pizza!

Pizza Zucchini Casserole

Ingredients:

  • 2 medium zucchini, shredded
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup pizza or marinara sauce (make your own or use store bought)
  • 1 cup parmesan
  • 2 cups mozzarella
  • 1/2 package pepperoni (I use Armour, it has a nice, spicy kick)
  • salt & pepper


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. *Tip make sure you squeeze out excess moisture in the zucchini first. I like to lay mine on some paper towels and leave it for an hour or so. Super easy* Mix together in a large bowl the zucchini, eggs, parmesan, salt, pepper, & 1/2 the mozzarella (1 cup). Press mixture into a 9x13 pan and bake for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and top with pizza sauce, cheese, and then pepperoni. Place back into the oven and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment