Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







October 2, 2014

Blue Cheese Bacon Meatloaf - Home Cooked Recipe 53

This is not my mother's, or doubtfully your mother's meatloaf.  This is a rich, decadent meatloaf.  Not for the faint of heart.  Definitely not on a diet plan. This is an indulgence dish, but one that is amazing.  Filled with Umami (the "5th" taste, that is neither sweet, salty, sour, or bitter, but something beyond), this meatloaf is a savory taste you won't soon forget.

Blue Cheese Bacon Meatloaf

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground beef (only paid $2.49 as it was on sale)
  • 8 oz crumbled blue cheese (I got this at Aldi for $1.98 - a steal!)
  • 4 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • Soy sauce (just to drizzle over the top)
  • 1/4 of a red onion, diced finely
  • 1 egg
  • 2 slices white bread, torn in to small pieces
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Salt and pepper
  • ***Onion powder
  • ***Garlic powder
  • ***Adobo seasoning
  • *** = optional seasoning, but it is what I used, just a dash or two of each


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.
Line a baking sheet with foil.  Place rack on top.  Make a square piece of foil, about the size of the meatloaf you're making.  Place in center of rack.
Soak your bread in milk for about five minutes.  While waiting, dice onion and beat egg.  After bread has soaked, mix in onions, egg, and spices.  Mix well.  Add meat and combine thoroughly.  Let meat rest for at least 30 minutes.
Form meatloaf and place on foil square on pan.  Make a well in the center.  Fill with 1/2 the blue cheese and bacon.  Close meat around cheese and bacon mixture.  Drizzle soy sauce over the top of meat loaf.  Top with remaining blue cheese crumbles.  Bake for 1 hour.  Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes.  Slice and serve (I served mine with mashed potatoes and honey glazed carrots).
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment