Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 9, 2016

We Made Room For Dessert 25 - Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake

For my fiance's birthday a month agoI wanted to make a cake, and not just a normal birthday cake.  I decided on a pineapple upside down cake as I know he loves that type.  I looked for a recipe that I could make in a bundt pan as I just love a good bundt cake.  And here it is!

Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 

Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 cup sour cream (next time, I would use a cup of Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream)
  • 4 eggs
  • dash almond extract
  • dash vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup veg oil
  • 1 can crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 jar maraschino cherries
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 4 tbs butter


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease bundt pan liberally with cooking spray.  Mix together butter and brown sugar and pour in pan.  Place cherries on top.  Spread pineapple carefully on top.  
Mix together cake mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, and extracts.  Beat well until batter is well combined and light and fluffy.  Carefully spread on top of pineapple layer.  Bake for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment