Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 2, 2016

Chipotle Barbacoa Copycat - Home Cooked Recipe #73 plus BONUS RECIPE

I have always enjoyed the Barbacoa (a shredded beef) from Chipotle.  I have seen several recipes on the internet of how to make it, but this past week I just took some stew meat, made my own blend of spices, and I kid you not, it tasted almost EXACTLY like Chipotle's.  So I am sharing my own special copycat recipe, just in time for your Cinco De Mayo celebration at the end of the week.  Also, because I LOVE my readers, I am including a BONUS RECIPE for a copycat of Chipotle's cilantro lime rice,  Enjoy!

Chipotle Barbacoa Copycat

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb beef stew meat
  • 1 tbs onion powder
  • 1 tbs garlic powder
  • 1 tbs chili powder
  • 1 tbs cayenne (start with 1 tsp and work up from there, depending on your tolerance of spice, you can also omit this)
  • 1 tbs salt
  • 1 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 2 cups water



Directions:
In a slow cooker mix broth, water, and all spices.  Stir in beef.  Cook on high for four hours or low for eight hours.  Serve with rice recipe below.
Enjoy!

BONUS RECIPE!
Chipotle Copycat Cilantro Lime Rice

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup long grain white rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 bay leaf
  • juice of half a lime
  • juice of half a lemon
  • fresh cilantro, about 1/4 a bunch, finely chopped
  • salt


Directions:
***Note, I cook my rice in a rice cooker.  But you can also convert this to stovetop by cooking rice and bay leaf in water (after water is brought to a boil) over low for 25 minutes.
Cook rice in water with bay leaf in your preferred method of cooking rice.  Remove bay leaf.  Stir in lemon and lime juices, plus cilantro.  Season with salt to taste.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment