Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







April 20, 2016

Garlic Lime Chicken - Pinterest Pick #15

Like a lot of people, I am always looking for new ways to prepare my boneless skinless chicken breasts for dinner.  I was perusing Pinterest as I do, and came across a recipe I had pinned awhile ago for garlic lime chicken.  I had all the ingredients on hand except the jalapeno.  It was quick and cheap to grab one at the store.  You can find the original Pin HERE and the original recipe HERE. The only tweaks I would make to the recipe is next time I would add the whole jalapeno instead of just half and I would add the juice and zest of another lime.  I have included these changes in the recipe below.

Garlic Lime Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
  • salt and pepper
  • Mrs. Dash original seasoning (my addition)
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 1 small red onion, finely diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 medium jalapeno, de-seeded and diced finely
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 limes, zested and juiced
  • 1 tsp dried cilantro (or 1 tbs fresh)
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream


Directions:
Heat oil in skillet over medium.  Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash on both sides.  Cook chicken 5 minutes per side then remove from skillet.  Add onions, garlic and jalapeno, saute for a couple of minutes.  Add chicken broth, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, and paprika.  Stir well then add chicken back into pan.  Simmer chicken for 8 minutes in sauce, stirring occasionally.  Add in cream, and additional salt and pepper to taste.  Simmer another minute or two then serve.  I served mine with rice.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment