Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 31, 2016

Sundried Tomato and Shrimp Pasta - Home Cooked Recipe #73

I have been eating a lot of shrimp lately so I am always on the look out for new recipes to try.  I was perusing a couple and came up with this dish that contains some of my Mediterranean favorites, sundried tomatoes and feta cheese!  Easy enough to make on a weeknight, it's great to try this spin on a pasta and shrimp dish.

Sundried Tomato and Shrimp Pasta

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz thin spaghetti (or use whatever pasta you like)
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (mine also were tail off)
  • salt and pepper
  • olive oil
  • 1 shallot, minced (this can be omitted or you can use another kind of onion)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbs tomato paste
  • 1 tbs butter
  • 1 tbs flour
  • 1 to 2 cups chicken broth (or seafood, or veggie)
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped (I used the kind in oil)
  • 1/2 cup feta crumbles

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, toss shrimp with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.  Remove shrimp and add shallots and garlic.  Let cook 1 minute, then add butter.  Saute 1 more minute then add tomato paste and saute a few more minutes.  Add flour and stir well.  Cook for 2 minutes then add broth.  Add lemon juice and sundried tomatoes and mix well.  Reduce heat to low and stir in cream until completely combined. Remove from heat and mix well with pasta.  Plate and top with crumbled feta.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment