Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







April 15, 2014

Cheeseburger Muffins - Home Cooked Recipe 47

Need a new recipe for ground beef?  I am always looking for one, and am glad I found this one.  It is simple, delicious, and is great for dinner OR as a party snack!!!  My boyfriend originally brought me the recipe on the back of a calendar page.  I did some research and found the recipe comes from Betty Crocker and you can find the original here.  I did adjust it a little bit, because the biscuit batter was way too thin.  I also added minced garlic, and a touch of ketchup and dijon mustard to the burger mix.  Delish!

Cheeseburger Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tbs minced garlic
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • black pepper
  • 1 tsp ketchup
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard (or any mustard)
  • 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a three cheese cheddar blend)
  • 1 cup biscuit mix
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.  Grease muffin tin with cooking spray.
Brown ground beef with onion in pan.  Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Turn off heat and remove pan from burner.  Stir in garlic salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire. Let cool 5 minutes and stir in cheese.
Mix together biscuit mix, eggs, and milk.
Spoon a small tablespoon of biscuit mixture into each tin.  Top with burger mixture in each tin.  Top burger with 1 tablespoon of biscuit mixture.  Bake for 30 minutes.  I serve mine with a mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, horseradish sauce; use whatever condiments you like on burgers.  
Enjoy!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment