Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







January 13, 2014

Simply Sides 9 - Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks

Who doesn't love a cheesy garlicky bread stick??? I could live off them if my body would let me (sadly, it won't).  These are super simple to make, and are a great addition to any pasta or pizza meal (any meal really!).

Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks

Ingredients:
4 tbs garlic compound butter (see recipe below pictures)
1 batch of pizza dough (you can make your won or get it at a grocery store like I do, my local Publix has great dough for under $3)
1/4 parmesan, grate
1/2 cup shredded cheddar (or mozzarella, or your favorite cheese)


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 500.  Let dough rise for at least an hour (up until all day) - if you don't, you'll have the big puff ball I did!  Punch dough down, and with your hands or a rolling pin, flatten onto a well-greased baking sheet (or pizza stone).  Spread softened butter (leave at room temperature for an hour or two, or microwave for 10 seconds) all over dough.  Sprinkle on parmesan, sprinkle on cheddar.  Bake at 500 for 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy!



Garlic Compound Butter
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

pinch of salt and pepper
*Blend all ingredients until thoroughly combined.  Roll up in wax paper and refrigerate.  Use as needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment