Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







July 22, 2013

Simply Sides 4 - Kale Chips

I am in LOVE with roasting all vegetables this year!  Carrots, potatoes, broccoli, etc.  In this post, I am going to give you a recipe for roasted kale, which is incredibly delicious, and becomes like a crunchy, good-for-you veggie chip!  I promise you, this is something you want to try!!! This can be a side dish OR a snack. Aaaannnd kale is relatively inexpensive, around $1, less than $2, per bunch.

Kale Chips

Ingredients:

  • 1 bunch kale (I used curly, use any kind your grocer has available)
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • salt and pepper (fresh ground pepper, and sea salt preferrably)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne
  • 1/4 cup parmesan



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Line a baking sheet with foil.  Wash and thoroughly dry kale (there can be grit that gets caught in the kale leave, especially if you use the curly kind).  Spread kale onto baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil.  Sprinkle on salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne.  Toss kale and respread  in to an even layer.  This is to make sure kale is evenly coated with oil and spices.  Sprinkle on parmesan.  Bake for 10-15 mins.  Be careful not to burn!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment