Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







March 12, 2013

Simply Sides 1 - Roasted Broccoli

I realized the other day when perusing this blog for improvements I can make, that I could make another section just dedicated to side dish recipes.  I love side dishes, sometimes better than the main course.  And I have eaten side dishes as main meals.  Plus I'm always looking for new ways to dress up veggies to make them more palatable, or new healthier sides (such as quinoa instead of rice etc). 
And so a new section on this food blog is born, and every post will start with the heading "Simply Sides". 
Today's side dish started as a way to dress up broccoli because I am bored with frozen broccoli microwaved, or fresh broccoli steamed.  I saw a couple posts about roasting broccoli, and then I thought I would jazz it up further by adding my own additions such as onions and garlic cloves.  We both enjoyed it as a side with our meal the other night, and will be making it much more often, especially if fresh broccoli is on sale!

Roasted Broccoli

Ingredients:

1 head of fresh broccoli cut into florets
4 (or more) cloves of garlic
1/2 large onion, diced
1tbs lemon juice
2 tbs oil (veg or olive, you choose!)
1-2 tbs parmesan
salt and pepper


Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.  Line a sheet pan with foil.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Spread evenly onto lined sheet pan. (It may help to spray the foil with cooking spray before spreading mixture over it, some of my onions stuck to my foil.)  Roast at 425 for 20-25 minutes.  Serve with your favorite meal.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment