Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







October 10, 2013

Chili Cheese Pie - Home Cooked Recipe 41

I have already given you my delicious Chili recipe, and I made it again this week.  I had it for dinner, then leftovers another night, but still had some left over.  While wondering what I could do with the rest of the chili (nachos, etc) I saw someone on TV talking about pies and quiches.  Then an idea struck!  What if I turned my leftover chili into a chili cheese pie??? I had one 9 inch round of refrigerated pie dough and decided to go for it.  Here is the recipe for my idea of what to do when you have chili leftovers!

Chili Cheese Pie

Ingredients:
2-3 cups of Chili (get my recipe here), use your favorite, cooled
8 oz shredded quesadilla cheese (or monterey jack or pepper jack or cheddar jack)
4 oz finely shredded cheddar
1 9 inch round refrigerated pie dough (or use your favorite recipe)

***optional garnishes: green onions, sour cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.
Unroll pie dough and place in pie pan.  Cover the bottom of the pie crust with half of the quesadilla cheese.  Spoon chili over the top and spread in an even layer.  Top with other half of quesadilla cheese and cheddar cheese.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Let cool for 30 minutes.  Serve with sour cream and/or green onions if desired.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment