Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







October 17, 2013

Simply Sides 7 - Coleslaw

Coleslaw is a quintessential ingredient for picnics and BBQ's and people have many different recipes.  As crazy as it might sound, my favorite coleslaw has always been from KFC.  No matter how many recipes I've investigated, I have not been able to replicate theirs.  But NOW I have found a recipe that comes very close and my family absolutely loves.  Today I am going to share it with you, my dear readers!  
In the future I will be posting another coleslaw recipe, one for a spicy chipotle slaw, so keep a look out for that soon!

Coleslaw

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg of coleslaw veggie mix that includes green and red cabbage, and carrots *I like to chop into a small dice with a chopper, even though it comes already shredded, but do it how you like best
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 tsp horseradish
  • salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
Mix all ingredients except first one together.  Blend well.  Fold in coleslaw veggies.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.  
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment