Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







October 30, 2013

Crock*Pot Asian Chicken - Home Cooked Recipe 42

I am in love with my new Crock*Pot!!!  I have made so many dinners in it already.  It is a 7 quart Crock*Pot slow cooker, with low, high, and warm settings.  One of our new favorite household recipes is one for Asian Chicken, which is made completely in the slow cooker.  Very easy, very delicious, and you'll get some of the moistest, most tender chicken you'll ever have. I originally found the recipe on Pinterest, but adapted it for our own household preferences. See the recipe below!
Crock*Pot Asian Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce 
  • 1/2 cup rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 cloves galic, minced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 tbs red pepper flakes (less if you are afraid of spice, more if you like it spicy!)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 tbs sesame seeds *optional
  • 1 green onion bundle, thinly sliced *optional
  • -if you like a thicker sauce, at the end of cooking dissolve 4 tbs cornstarch in 6 tbs water and add to liquid in slow cooker and cook on high 30 minutes before mixing the chicken back in

Directions:
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides, place in slow cooker.  In a bowl, mix together broth, honey, soy, vinegar, ketchup, oil, garlic, onion, and red pepper.  Blend well and pour over chicken breasts.  Cook on low for 4 hours.  Remove chicken breasts, shred chicken with two forks, return to sauce in slow cooker and mix well.  Serve over rice, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment