Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 15, 2012

Tangy Beef and Horseradish Cream Potatoes - Home Cooked Recipe 28

I've been a fan of getting sirloin steaks, slicing them very thin, and marinating them in various flavors.  Usually I do Asian flavors, but I was craving something different.  I found a recipe using Worcestershire and decided to tweak it to my liking.  Besides the steak, I wanted mashed potatoes but not plain mashed potatoes.  I remembered a friend had given me the idea to incorporate horseradish into my mashed potatoes.  So my menu came out to be a Tangy Worcestershire Marinated Steak Strips with Horseradish Cream Potatoes.

For The Steak:
Ingredients:
(Marinade)
1 lb sirloin steak, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup plus
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
dash of cayenne
salt and pepper

(Horseradish Cream)
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tbs mayonnaise
3 tbs prepared horseradish
1 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper
dash of smoked paprika

(Potatoes)
4 small russet potatoes
1 stick of butter
2 tbs sour cream
salt and pepper

Directions:
Marinate the steak first (at least 1 hour, up to 4 hours).  Mix all ingredients for marinade together, toss steak in marinade well, cover and refrigerate.  Remove steak from refrigerator and let come to room temperature before cooking (at least 30 minutes).
Make horseradish cream sauce.  Stir all ingredients together well. Refrigerate before and after use.
Peel and cut potatoes in to quarters.  Cover with at least 1 inch of water, bring to boiling, reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.  Drain.  Return to warm pan and mash with butter and sour cream.  Stir in 1/2 of horseradish cream sauce.  Season with additional salt and pepper.
Cook steak.  Remove steak from marinade, pat dry.  Heat pan over high, add small amount of oil.  Cook steak pieces on one side for one minute, turn pieces and cook for an additional minute. 
Serve steak with remaining horseradish cream sauce.

***optional, slice a medium onion thinly and saute in butter until onions are carmelized
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment