Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







August 19, 2019

Southwest Queso Chicken - CROCK*POT CAFE 13

I know a lot of you have busy lives and now that kids have recently gone back to school in the area, I know a lot of parents are looking for a lot of easy dinner ideas. I tried this recipe yesterday and I have to tell ya, it doesn't get much simpler than this. Not only that but it's very few ingredients AND it is super delicious. Plus, it cooks itself since this dish uses your slow cooker as the cooking vessel. Prepare some rice in a rice cooker and a heat up a veggie like corn in the microwave for side dishes and you have a complete meal in no time! I served mine with a homemade version of rice you would get at a Mexican restaurant (super easy, I will post that recipe in the near future!). You can also add some great additions like black beans to bulk the dish up with virtually no effort. Also, you can start the chicken from fresh OR frozen with no change to the cooking time. In addition, you can easily double, triple, or quadruple the recipe depending on your family size. How great is that???

Southwest Queso Chicken


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb chicken breasts 
  • 1 can Rotel (I use the one with fire roasted tomatoes, great flavor)
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 jar queso (I use Tostitos, it's the only one I like)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning (use your favorite, I favor Old El Paso)


Directions:
Place chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Sprinkle on the packet of taco seasoning. Combine the chicken broth and Rotel, and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours. Stir in the queso and let cook 30 more minutes. Serve with your favorite Southwest sides. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment