Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







September 8, 2011

Bonus Recipe! Homemade Croutons

Who doesn't love croutons?!?  Not many people that I know don't like them.  And I found a much tastier (and much cheaper!) way to have them as opposed to buying them at a supermarket.  They were easy, quick, and got rave reviews from the people I live with them.  Try them today!

Homemade Croutons

1 loaf day-old french bread, cubed
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbs melted butter
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp granulated garlic
2tbs dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne
Salt & Pepper

Combine all ingredients except bread.  Place bread cubes in a bowl, pour oil mixture on and toss well.  Make sure all cubes are seasoned.  Arrange in a single layer on a cooling rack placed on a baking sheet.  Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.  Allow to cool, store in an airtight container.  They will last in your pantry for a month.  You can also freeze them for up to 6 months.  Serve with soup or salad, or as a snack.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment