Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







August 24, 2021

Jerk Smoked Country Ribs - Home Cooked #88

 I grew up eating country style boneless pork ribs. As a young girl who is half Polish, when my mom would make them on a bed of sauerkraut, seasoned with salt and pepper only, I was in heaven. There is something delectable about a porky, fatty rib nestled on a bed of tangy sauerkraut. I think I have only made it one time as an adult, because I often forget about simple but delicious dishes like that.

I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts a couple weeks ago and the host was making boneless country style ribs - but on a smoker, with Jerk seasoning. I just HAD to make it. It sounded so good to mix the lovely Caribbean flavors with a childhood favorite. And hubs is in love with his smoker so I thought it would also give him an opportunity to give something new a spin on his smoker. I made the recipe almost exactly, because with techniques or flavors I might be unfamiliar with I like to go by the letter the first time. The next go-round I would add more garlic and soy. I DID go a little shy on the habanero this time (only 1 pepper, completely de-seeded) because I can never tell how much spice I will be able to tolerate, but I can definitely amp it up a bit next time and use the 2 that are called for. You can find the original recipe HERE. And if you're a podcast fan, and like to hear about home cooking, then check out the actual podcast because I really enjoy it!

JERK SMOKED COUNTRY RIBS

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 lbs boneless country ribs
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 tbs worcestershire
  • 1 tbs veg oil
  • 1 tbs sugar
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme - I used dried)
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 habanero peppers

Directions:
Place everything from the lime juice to the end in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until a mostly smooth consistency. 
Season ribs liberally with salt and pepper. Place in a gallon bag and pour the marinade in - reserve some of the marinade before pouring on the pork if you would like to have as a sauce later on. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours to overnight (I marinated overnight). 
Preheat your smoker to 250. Smoke for 2 hours, or until temperature reaches 165. Once internal temperature of ribs is 165, wrap in foil then place back on the smoker until they reach 190 (about an hour). Serve with reserved sauce if reserved. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment