Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







April 25, 2014

Easy Salisbury Steak - Home Cooked Recipe 48

Who doesn't like comfort food?  And who doesn't need a new ground beef recipe?  Well, in this post, you get a little of each.  As always, in searching for new recipes I checked out Pinterest.  I found this recipe, and thought it was perfect for a weeknight meal.  So I made it last night, and my bf and I both agreed, it was delicious!!!  Find the original recipe here.

As a side, instead of noodles or potatoes or rice, I paired it with my famous savory cheese pies!

Easy Salisbury Steak


Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 packet onion soup mix (I used Lipton Beefy Onion)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup cracker crumbs (I used Ritz Garlic Butter flavor)
dash of seasoning salt
lots of fresh ground black pepper
a couple of dashes or Worcestershire sauce
GRAVY
1/4 - 1/2 cup sour cream (I used whatever was left in the container, and mixed the gravy right in the sour cream container so I didn't have to dirty another dish!)
1 packet brown gravy mix (I used the Aldi brand, super cheap and super good)
1 cup water
lots of fresh ground black pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. (Luckily, my cheese pies also cook at this temp, for the same amount of time - score!!)
Mix together ground beef, beaten egg, soup mix, cracker crumbs, Worcestershire, and spices.  Form in to 4 oval shaped patties.  Brown in a frying pan on both sides (about 2 minutes a side).  Place in a baking dish.  
Mix together sour cream, gravy mix, and water, then season with black pepper.  Pour over beef patties in baking dish.  Bake for 40 minutes.  Remove from oven, wait five minutes, serve!
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment