Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







April 9, 2014

We Made Room For Dessert 12 - Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

During Christmas season 2012 I posted a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that my sister in law made for the family (you can find that post here).  In searching for a great chocolate chip cookie recipe, I made some adjustments to the original, plus added some peanut butter chips, and presto, here is the recipe!!!

Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 sticks butter, softened - unsalted butter!
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 bag chocolate chips (I used Hershey's milk chocolate)
  • 1/2 bag peanut butter chips (I used Reese's)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Beat together butter, eggs, and both sugars.  Stir in salt and vanilla extract.  Sprinkle baking soda on top.  Add 1/4 cup flour first and mix well.  Add 1 cup flour and mix well. Stir in final cup of flour.  Gently fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.  Spoon teaspoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheets.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Let cool on a cooling rack.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment