Blue Cheese Bacon Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground beef (only paid $2.49 as it was on sale)
- 8 oz crumbled blue cheese (I got this at Aldi for $1.98 - a steal!)
- 4 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Soy sauce (just to drizzle over the top)
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced finely
- 1 egg
- 2 slices white bread, torn in to small pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- ***Onion powder
- ***Garlic powder
- ***Adobo seasoning
- *** = optional seasoning, but it is what I used, just a dash or two of each
Preheat oven to 375.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Place rack on top. Make a square piece of foil, about the size of the meatloaf you're making. Place in center of rack.
Soak your bread in milk for about five minutes. While waiting, dice onion and beat egg. After bread has soaked, mix in onions, egg, and spices. Mix well. Add meat and combine thoroughly. Let meat rest for at least 30 minutes.
Form meatloaf and place on foil square on pan. Make a well in the center. Fill with 1/2 the blue cheese and bacon. Close meat around cheese and bacon mixture. Drizzle soy sauce over the top of meat loaf. Top with remaining blue cheese crumbles. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Slice and serve (I served mine with mashed potatoes and honey glazed carrots).