French Dip Sliders
(very easy to double or quadruple this recipe)
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 12 slices thinly sliced Provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup French's onions (these are optional, omit if you don't like onions)
- 6 slider rolls
- softened butter (for greasing the pan)
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 package McCormick's Au Jus gravy mix
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
Preheat oven to 350. Grease baking dish with butter.
If your slider rolls are not sliced, slice buns in half and lay bottom buns on bottom of greased pan. Top bottoms with 6 slices of cheese, then the meat, then the French's onions, then the remaining cheese. Cover with top buns. Melt butter in microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir in Worcestershire, sesame seeds, 1 tsp of the au jus mix, salt, pepper, dash of garlic powder, and dash of onion powder. Brush slider tops with buttery topping. If there are leftovers, just dump it in after you make the rest of the au jus. Don't be concerned if buns look soggy, believe me, they'll crisp right up in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes. While sliders are baking, prepare rest of au jus mix as package directs, adding any leftover butter topping you might have at the end. Serve sliders with au jus for dipping.