Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







July 25, 2019

Nacho Cheese Casserole - Pinterest Pick #25

Sometimes I will just get a craving for Doritos. It's not super often but once in a while. It's funny because as a kid I think Doritos were my least favorite chip. When I was scrolling through Pinterest one evening I saw this casserole and thought I just had to make it. It was pretty delicious! Here is the original PIN. The recipe can be found HERE.

Nacho Cheese Casserole

Ingredients:

  • 3 tbs oil
  • 3 tbs flour
  • 2 10 oz cans of your favorite enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso)
  • 1.5 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • salt & pepper
  • 1.5 lbs ground beef
  • onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp salt
  • black pepper
  • 1/2 bag Doritos
  • 2 cups shredded cheese (you can use cheddar, monterey jack, pepper jack, or a combo of your favorites)

***Toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, olives, green onions, sour cream, salsa - whatever you like on a taco basically!

Directions:
First, the sauce. In a pot over medium, make a roux with the oil and flour. Once combined and the flour is cooked out for a couple of minutes, add the sauce, broth, cumin, salt, & pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer while preparing the meat. Next, the meat. Brown the ground beef. Add onions and garlic and spices and cook a few more minutes. Combine beef with sauce mixture. Then, prepare the casserole. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 dishes with cooking spray. Lightly break up Doritos. Divide into 2 portions. Place one portion in one baking dish and reserve the 2nd portion. Top with the beef mixture. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-60 minutes. Top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment