Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







March 30, 2015

Simply Sides 16 - Creamy Crock*Pot Potatoes

Can you believe in 34 years on this earth I have never had something as simple as a fingerling potato? Well, I have seen them a lot online and on TV but have never purchased or made them, so when I saw them on sale at Aldi for less than $1 a bag I grabbed them and found a recipe.  The recipe came from Pinterest (so this is both a Pinterest Pick AND a Crock*Pot Cafe recipe, as well as a side dish!!!).  Find the original recipe HERE. The sauce you finish this dish with tastes like a lighter alfredo sauce and was absolutely delicious with the chicken I served with these potatoes.  Simple (and cost effective!), this recipe is great for a weeknight side dish.

Creamy Crock*Pot Potatoes

Ingredients
  • 1-2 lbs fingerling potatoes, halved
  • 4 tbs butter, melted
  • 1/2 tsp dried dill
  • 1 tbs parsely
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1-2 handfuls of shredded mozzarella


Directions:
Place first 6 ingredients in the slow cooker insert and stir well.  Cover, and turn slow cooker on low for 8 hours.  Add cream and cheese, stir very well, and heat on high for 30 minutes.  Serve on the side of your favorite protein (I recommend a boneless skinless chicken breast - I seasoned mine with Greek seasoning and baked for 30 minutes while cream and cheese were cooking with the potatoes).
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment