Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







March 2, 2015

Mexican Sloppy Joes - Pinterest Pick #7

We never ate too many sloppy joes when I was growing up but I have had them once or twice.  It's a great meal idea for kids but I never really considered it a grown up dinner. While browsing through Pinterest I came across a recipe for a spin on sloppy joes that had a Mexican feel.  I decided to try it and I am declaring it a winner!  Instead of the buns you could always use tortillas and the meat would also be great as a taco filling.  Lots of options!  You can find the original pin HERE and the website where I got the recipe is HERE.  Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest!

Mexican Sloppy Joes

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 poblano, diced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 10 oz can enchilada sauce (I used Old El Paso)
  • 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded 
  • 4 burger buns


Directions:
Brown the ground beef.  While halfway through, add in diced onion and diced poblano as well as garlic.  Season with salt and pepper.  When beef is browned, drain and return to pan.  Add in enchilada sauce and simmer on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes.  Spoon meat over bottom buns.  Sprinkle generously with cheese.  Top with tops of buns and serve. 
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment