New Orleans BBQ Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed and cooked
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce - use your fav)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup broth (I used seafood because that's what I had open, but you can use chicken broth, or beer, or even water)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp creole seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- An additional 2 tbs butter, super cold, and diced in small pieces
Melt 2 tbs butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a couple of minutes until soft and fragrant. Add hot sauce, worcestershire, broth, lemon juice, seasoning and pepper. Stir well, bring to a simmer, and let cook about 7 minutes until sauce is reduced by half.
*I started cooking my chicken right before making the sauce, I baked it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
Add cooked chicken to sauce, stir well to coat chicken. Add 2 tbs of the super cold butter. Once melted and combined in the sauce, serve. I served mine with white rice.