Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







December 1, 2014

SPECIAL POST - Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving Spread
Ahhhh.  Another Thanksgiving is now behind us.  I do adore Thanksgiving, because it is a big food holiday!  This year, I made a couple of dishes to bring to the house we went to.  One of them is new (for me), and the other one my family has made every Thanksgiving and Christmas for 20+ years.  Now I am going to share them with you!!!  What could be better than 2 recipes in one post?  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, and continue to have an amazing holiday season!

Dish #1 - Cornbread Pudding

Ingedients:

  • 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
  • 4 oz sour cream
  • 4 oz shredded cheddar
  • 1 can creamed corn
  • 1 10 oz package frozen corn
  • 1/2 stick melted butter


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients together.  Grease 9x13 baking dish,  Pour batter into dish.  Bake for 1 hour.
Enjoy!

Dish #2 - Cheesy Ritz and Broccoli Casserole

Ingredients:

  • 2 10 oz packages of frozen broccoli florets, thawed
  • 2 8 oz packages shredded cheddar
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers, crushed


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Mix crushed crackers with melted butter.  Make sure crackers are completely coated in butter.  Mix together broccoli and cheddar.  Fold in 1/2 of cracker mixture and spread in greased baking dish.  Top with remaining cracker mixture (spread evenly over top).  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment