Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







October 14, 2014

Shrimp Creole - Home Cooked Recipes 54

Shrimp finally went on sale!  I am excited about this because we ate shrimp all the time last year, but for some reason shrimp was extremely expensive this year and it's rare that I purchase it because of the cost.  Wanting to try a new recipe, I looked at my Pinterest boards and saw a couple recipes I had pinned for shrimp creole.  Here is my version!

Shrimp Creole

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (thawed if frozen)
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 carrot, thinly sliced into rounds
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1 8oz can tomato sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbs creole seasoning
  • 1 tsp Adobo seasoning
  • salt and pepper
  • hot sauce (I used Louisiana Crystal)
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • olive oil

***1 cup of white rice cooked in 2 cups water to serve shrimp over

Directions:

Preheat your oven's broiler for 10 minutes.  Toss shrimp with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.  Spread onto a baking sheet and broil for 10 minutes.  Set aside. Meanwhile, cook rice.
In a large saute pan, cook onions, peppers, and carrot in a couple tablespoons of olive for 5-10 minutes until tender.  Then add garlic and saute for a minute until fragrant. Add in spices and worcestershire, stir to combine for 1 minute.  Add in tomatoes and tomato sauce and simmer sauce for 15 minutes.  Add shrimp in and season to taste with hot sauce.  After 5 minutes, take off heat and serve over rice.
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment