Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







October 17, 2014

We Made Room For Dessert 18 - Lemon Quick Bread

We made room for dessert this week! And it's another quick bread!  We all know by now I am not a good baker, but if there is one thing I am not bad at baking, it's a quick bread (i.e. banana bread, zucchini bread, etc).  This week I have been craving a lemon quick bread my mom used to make.  So I made it and here's the recipe!

Lemon Quick Bread

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • zest of 1 lemon 
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/2 cup sugar

Topping:

  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 lemon, juiced


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a loaf pan (I just used cooking spray).
Combine eggs, sugar, oil, and zest until very well blended.  Sift in flour and baking powder, and slowly stir in.  Pour batter into greased loaf pan.  Bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean (note, I start checking at 45 minutes and every 5 minutes thereafter).
Meanwhile, combine sugar and lemon juice over medium heat and let simmer until sugar is dissolved. 
Also, combine cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice.  Refrigerate.
When bread is done, poke holes in bread an pour lemon juice/sugar mixture over it while bread is still warm.  Let bread finish cooling.  Serve with cream cheese mixture.
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment