Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 26, 2020

We Made Room For Dessert 29 - Air Fryer Hand Pies

It has been a LONG time since I posted a dessert recipe. This week we are making room for a little something sweet! And it uses one of my favorite kitchen devices - an air fryer!!! Super simple and super quick cooking, this dessert is sure to please. And it is very adaptable as you could use any type of filling you want. I used apple pie filling but you could use blueberry, cherry, lemon, pumpkin, etc. And you could also get creative and use pudding as the filling to have a creamier version, or even something cream cheese based.

Apple Air Fryer Hand Pies

Ingredients:

  • 1 box of pie dough (2 crusts) - I use Pillsbury; you can make your own if preferred!
  • 1 can pie filling - I used Comstock apple
  • 1 cup powder sugar
  • 1/8 cup milk


Directions:
Cut rounds out of the pie dough. I got 10 out of 2 crusts using my handy set of biscuit cutters. You could also use a large glass or small bowl. Put a small amount of filling in each round, fold over, and crimp with a fork to close. Place 4 at a time in your air fryer. Cook at 370 for 8 minutes. Place on rack to cool for about 20-30 minutes. Mix together powder sugar and milk while pies are cooling. Dip each hand pie completely in glaze. Place back on rack to dry. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment