Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







August 30, 2011

Crab Rangoon - Home Cooked Recipe 10

I clearly have an obsession with my fryer lately.  And Asian food.  So here's another recipe that incorporates both.  Hopefully next week I'll have a recipe for a different cuisine that doesn't involve the fryer!

Crab Rangoon

8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
12 eggroll wrappers
1 cup imitation crabmeat, finely chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp soy sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
Frying oil

In a bowl mix the cream cheese, crab meat, onion, garlic, and soy sauce.  Season with salt and pepper.  Lay out a wrapper so it forms a diamond shape.  Place a tablespoon of filling just below the center line.  Brush all the corners lightly with the beaten egg.  Fold the wrapper in half to make a triangle shape, and seal tightly.  Fry wontons at 375 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.  You can serve these with a sweet and sour sauce for dipping.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment