Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







December 24, 2014

We Made Room For Dessert 20 - Xmas Sugar Cookies

I love a good sugar cookie.  I found an easy recipe for them online, and made them this year as my Christmas cookie of choice.  I also made the icing from scratch, and I am giving you that recipe today too as a bonus recipe!  Happy Holidays to all my blog readers!!!

Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 2 sticks butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 tbs baking powder
  • 3 cups flour


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter together on low until completely combined.  Add extracts and egg, beat again for another minute.  Slowly fold in baking powder and flour.  Beat on low for a couple of minutes until dough is completely incorporated.  Roll out dough onto counter.  Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters.  Bake for 8 minutes.  Let cool completely before icing.
Enjoy!

Sugar Cookie Icing

Ingredients:

  • 1 stick butter, room temperature
  • 2 tbs milk
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 5 drops of food coloring (I used green for Christmas)


Directions:  
Combine all ingredients until smooth and completely combined.  Spread onto cooled cookies with knife.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment