Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







December 11, 2014

Simply Sides 14 - Baked Beans

What completes a BBQ better than the side items like coleslaw, mac n cheese, and baked beans?  I have already posted some great recipes for coleslaw (click HERE) and mac n cheese (click HERE), but not one for baked beans yet!  I was perusing Pinterest (you know it's my fav!) and found a great recipe on South Your Mouth.  I made them for a bonfire we recently went to and EVERYBODY absolutely LOVED them.  So next time you need and easy, delicious, and fairly inexpensive side dish, make these!

Baked Beans

Ingredients:

  • 2 28oz cans baked beans (the original recipe calls for cheap pork and beans but I used Bush's Country Style baked beans and I am pretty sure it was worth it, plus they were 2/$4 at my grocer that week)
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used Kraft Spicy Honey)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbs yellow mustard
  • 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbs Cajun spice (my own addition)
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 5-6 slices bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine all ingredients except beans and bacon in a mixing bowl.  Combine well.  Fold in both cans of beans.  Pour in to a baking dish.  Top with bacon pieces.  Bake for 1 - 2 hours.  
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment