Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







December 19, 2014

Slow Baked Chicken Thighs - Home Cooked Recipe 58

Normally in my house when we have chicken it is boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  That's like 97% of the time.  One in a while we have chicken wings.  But I have heard so much about chicken thighs, that I finally decided to take the plunge and make a recipe where that is the main star.  I was perusing through the October issue of Cooking Light magazine and came across and article for slow baked chicken thighs.  You can find the original recipe HERE.  With a few tweaks, I made the dish my own and really liked it!  I think white meat is still the favorite around here, but I will definitely be making chicken things (boneless, skinless) again.

Slow Baked Chicken Thighs

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 4 tbs butter
  • 1 onion, sliced into rings
  • 6 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
  • 2 lemons, cut into wedges
  • 1 packet Goya sazon
  • 1 tbs cajun or creole spice
  • salt and pepper


Directions:
Preheat oven to 325.
Melt 2 tbs butter on the bottom of a baking dish (I used my trusty small glass Pyrex).  Next, layer onions on bottom of dish.  Place chicken thighs on top of onions.  Season all over with sazon, cajun spice, and salt and pepper.  Place lemons and garlic slices all around dish in between chicken pieces,  Cut remaining butter in to a small dice and sprinkle over top of chicken.  Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour.  Uncover, baste chicken, and bake for an additional 45 minutes, basting every ten minutes.  Serve with rice.
Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I will definitely try out your version of the recipe. Chicken thighs (with bones) are a staple for me. I just find them really flavorful and juicy. And they tend to be less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were definitely cheaper, and they did retain that juiciness. I hope you enjoy this recipe if you make it, and let me know how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete