Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 3, 2018

Ropa Vieja - Home Cooked Recipe #80

I am a BIG fan of latin flavors. I was perusing the internet for a good Rope Vieja recipe to try, and decided to actually combine flavors from several different ones to come up with my own spin on this dish. Some of the ingredients are probably not traditional but it came out fantastic! Also, it's made in the slow cooker so it's a one pot dish that cooks itself which is super convenient. Give it a try!

Ropa Vieja

Ingredients:

  • 2-3lb boneless chuck roast
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 2 bell peppers (any color), sliced
  • 1/2 jar whole green olives w/pimentos (& brine)
  • 1 can Rotel
  • 16 ounces tomato sauce
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 4 tbs ketchup
  • 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbs cumin
  • 1 tsp coriander
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp minced dried onion
  • 1 tbs Adobo
  • 1 packet Sazon
  • freshly ground black pepper


Directions:
In a slow cooker, mix all ingredients from tomato sauce to black pepper. Stir in onion, peppers, olives, & Rotel. Place chuck roast over sauce, spooning some of the liquid over the top. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, or low for 8 hours.  Shred meat and return to liquid. Serve over rice. 
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment