Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 14, 2018

Simply Sides 24 - German Potato Salad

I am always looking for ways to make our weeknight meals more exciting with new side dishes. I was a little nervous that hubs would not like this tangy potato dish, but it turns out that he really enjoyed it. Now we have new side dish to add to our lineup! I looked at a few different recipes and came up with my own spin that turned out pretty delish. And even though this is called potato salad, it really is more like a warm potato side as opposed to what I think of as salad.

German Potato Salad

Ingredients:

  • 6 red potatoes, sliced thin
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 strips of bacon, diced
  • 3 tbs white wine vinegar
  • 2 tbs water
  • 1 tbs brown mustard
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbs dried dill
  • salt & pepper


Directions:
Bring potato slices to a boil & cook for 8 minutes. Drain. While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon in a skillet over medium until pieces are brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels. In bacon drippings, saute onions for 5 minutes. Add in garlic and saute another 2 minutes. Once onions and garlic are tender and translucent, add in water, sugar, mustard, and 2 tbs of the vinegar & stir well. Add in potatoes and sprinkle the last tbs of vinegar on. Sprinkle with dill, salt, & pepper. Toss well to coat potatoes. Sprinkle in drained bacon pieces and stir again.  Serve warm.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment