Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







December 22, 2015

Chicken in Creamy Bacon Sauce - Pinterest Pick #11

I LOVE BACON! As does the rest of the world it seems.  Chicken and bacon together are a great combo, and you pair that with a creamy sauce... Delish!  I found THIS recipe through Pinterest.  I altered a few things.  I used boneless/skinless breasts instead of chicken thighs as we are a white meat household.  I used milk instead of cream as that's all I had on hand (sauce was still perfectly creamy, so use what you got!).  And I left out the oregano, but added smoked paprika.  This dish will definitely go in to our dinner rotation!  Find the original pin HERE.

Chicken in Creamy Bacon Sauce
Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts, cut in to cubes (or 6 thighs if you like dark meat)
  • 2 tbs minced garlic
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
  • 1/3 cup flour (plus an additional tablespoon)
  • 1 tbs butter
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup cream (or milk)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup water


Directions:
Rub chicken pieces with 1 tbs garlic and all lemon juice, set aside.
Put bacon in skillet and cook over medium til crispy.  Remove bacon pieces but leave grease in skillet.
Place flour (seasoned with salt and pepper) in a large zip top bag.  Add chicken, shake well.  Add chicken to pan and cook until golden brown, Remove from pan.  Add remaining garlic and onions and saute til translucent.

Add 1 tbs flour to 1/4 water and stir well.  Add bacon, paprika, salt and pepper to pan.  Add in chicken broth.  Stir in flour/water mixture.  Let sauce thicken slightly.  Add chicken back to pan.  Cover and cook 20 minutes.  Stir in cream (or milk). Serve with rice or buttered noodles.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment