Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







March 13, 2014

Goulash - Home Cooked Recipe 45

This recipe is affordable, filling, and easy to make.  Perfect for people who are on a budget, and/or are in need of a quick dish.  I have  been eating this my whole life.  My mom has been making it forever, and when I ventured out on my own it was one of the first recipes I asked her for.  Beef and macaroni... What could be better?

Goulash

Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 8 ounces elbow macaroni
  • 8 ounce can tomato sauce
  • 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper
  • ***optional, other spices such as paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder (I use a teaspoon of each)
  • ***in my family we have always topped ours with hot sauce and parmesan cheese, feel free to use what you like (i.e. shredded cheddar, green onion, parsely, etc)

Directions:
Cook elbow macaroni according to package instructions.  Drain and set aside.  Brown your ground beef.  When it is halfway done, add in the onion and bell pepper.  When beef is almost done, stir in garlic and spices.  Next stir in tomato paste and let cook out for a minute or two.  Add in diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.  Mix well and let cook on medium for 5 minutes.  Turn heat to low and stir in elbow macaroni.  Let combine for a few minutes, then it's ready to serve.  Top with parmesan and/or hot sauce to taste.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment