Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







December 20, 2013

Asian Ground Beef - Home Cooked Recipe 43

The recipe I am posting about today was once again inspired by a recipe I found on Pinterest (seriously, if you are not on Pinterest, what are you waiting for???).  I was looking for something to with ground beef as I am tired of the usual burgers, meatloaf, meatballs, meat sauce, etc.  And if you read this blog regularly you know I am a sucker for Asian flavors!  So putting both these things were very convenient, and made for a quick and tasty week night meal.


Asian Ground Beef

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 tbs sesame oil
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce (I always use Kikoman's lite soy)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes - next time I might bump it up to a tablespoon, I like the spice!
  • 2 inch piece ginger, grated (it's not exactly the same, but you could also use a teaspoon of ground ginger)
  • 3 cloves of garlic, grated - next time I will use more, I also love garlic!
  • 1 bunch of scallions, sliced (I don't use a lot of the green, mostly I use the white part)


Directions:
Brown ground beef on medium high in sesame oil.  Drain off fat.  Add in garlic and ginger.  Saute for 2 minutes.  Add in scallions, mix well.  In a bowl, combine soy, sugar, and pepper flakes.  Pour over beef and stir well.  Cook on medium-low for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat.  Serve over white rice.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment