Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







September 11, 2013

Baked Croissant French Toast - Home Cooked Recipe 40

This week's recipe is for a breakfast dish.  Baked french toast with a twist, the twist being we're using croissants instead of regular bread. To make this dish even more interesting, we're making a maple cream cheese filling.  This dish is not a healthy recipe, but it is great for an indulgent breakfast or brunch!

Baked Croissant French Toast

Ingredients:
6 croissants (or 12 mini croissants), halved
4oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 cups half and half
6 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Layer half the the halved croissants on the bottom of the baking dish.  Next, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and maple syrup with a hand mixer until the mixture is smooth and creamy.  Dollop the cream cheese over the croissant halves in the pan.  Place the other half of the croissants on top.  Then beat together the eggs, half and half, cinnamon, and vanilla.  Pour on top of croissants.  Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Bake at 350 for 30-45 mins.
Let cool for 10 mins and then serve.
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment