Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







October 27, 2011

Chocolate Zabaglione - We Made Room For Dessert 1

While the title of this blog is No Room For Dessert, occasionally we do make room for something sweet.  I do like sweets, especially in moderation.  But I am more of a cook then a pastry/dessert maker, hence the name of the blog.  A friend recently made dinner for us, and served fresh berries with zabaglione for dessert.  I liked the sauce so much that I decided to make it myself, but add a chocolate twist.  Here is the recipe!

Chocolate Zabaglione

1/2 cup chocolate chips (use your favorite kind... I used milk chocolate - dark chocolate would be delish)
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 egg yolks (yolks only, save the whites for breakfast the next day)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup champagne or sweet dessert wine
pinch of salt
1 lb of your favorite berries (I used raspberries, but any kind will work)

Add cream and chips to a small saucepan and heat over low, stirring, until chocolate is melted.  Keep warm over very low heat or a warmer.
Whisk yolks, sugar, salt, and champagne in a large glass bowl until well blended.  Put bowl on a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.  Whisk yolk mixture over heat for about 4 minutes, until the mixture is thick and creamy.  Remove from heat. 
Fold chocolate mixture in to yolk mixture. 
Divide berries between 6 dishes.  Pour warm zabaglione over berries and serve.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment