Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 24, 2015

New Orleans BBQ Chicken - Home Cooked Recipe 63

It was Mardi Gras last week and it put me in the mood for some flavorful Louisiana cooking.  On Sunday the 15th I attended a birthday party where we had a crawfish boil, (I have posted about my friends and their delicious crawfish before).  By the time Tuesday rolled around I was looking for more delicious Southern dishes.  On my blog roll I have a blog listed called Closet Cooking.  I have followed Kevin and his food for years now, and have even made some of his dishes before, namely the Goat Cheese & Red Pepper Fettucine and a jalapeno popper dip.  A recipe for New Orleans BBQ shrimp popped up while I was perusing Closet Kitchen and I thought now I just HAVE to make that.  I had already cooked the shrimp I bought for groceries earlier, so I thought well I will just adapt the recipe for chicken.  It worked PERFECTLY!  Served with some rice, the sauce was flavorful and just what I had been looking for.  In fact, I cannot wait to make this recipe again.  You can check out the Closet Kitchen version HERE.

New Orleans BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed and cooked
  • 2 tbs butter
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce - use your fav)
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/3 cup broth (I used seafood because that's what I had open, but you can use chicken broth, or beer, or even water)
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 2 tsp creole seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's)
  • Fresh ground black pepper
  • An additional 2 tbs butter, super cold, and diced in small pieces


Directions:
Melt 2 tbs butter over medium heat.  Add garlic and saute for a couple of minutes until soft and fragrant.  Add hot sauce, worcestershire, broth, lemon juice, seasoning and pepper.  Stir well, bring to a simmer, and let cook about 7 minutes until sauce is reduced by half.
*I started cooking my chicken right before making the sauce, I baked it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
Add cooked chicken to sauce, stir well to coat chicken.  Add 2 tbs of the super cold butter.  Once melted and combined in the sauce, serve.  I served mine with white rice.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment